I have been in a crap mood for the past week. Instead of being excited about the new year, I’m feeling overwhelmed and anxious. It happens. When it happens, that’s a sure sign I need to lean into my self-care practice.
For some reason, self-care conjures images of bath bombs, manicures, and delicious desserts. I’m here for all of that but self-care is so much more than a spa day. Self-care is about taking the time to take care of you so you can be your best in every area of your life. It can be as simple as drinking hot tea in the morning and extra as Eat, Pray Love. Whatever you do to take care of you, is your practice and your business. Since I’m trying to save my coins in 2018, as should you, I’m sharing 10 acts of self-care that don’t cost a dime and can be done daily. All of these things keep me sane and shift my mood from bad to Beyoncé real quick.
10 Acts of Self-Care that Don’t Cost a Dime
- Say no.
- Hydrate. (Moisturize and mind your own damn business. It’s a mantra.)
- Unplug. No TV, phone or internet.
- Wind to remind and twerk to resist.
- Slow down and enjoy the moment.
- Do nothing.
- Laugh out loud, for real.
- Mirror work. (This involves standing in front of a mirror for 1 minute and telling yourself, I love you. it’s hella awkward and extremely powerful.)
Photos: Aspen Cierra Photography