The more you strive to achieve in life, the more responsibilities that end up on your plate. The more on your plate, the more overwhelmed you can become and all of that overwhelm can lead to some serious burnout. For those of us in the blog game burnout not only comes in the form of being overwhelmed with managing a job/school and 40 hours of blogging a week, it can also sneak up on your creativity and strangle your content. You find yourself writing just to get the next post up, deviating from who you are, or just not posting at all. Since life will never stop throwing curveballs long enough for you to “catch up”, you have to make time for you to keep blogger burnout at bay.
The best way to prevent burnout is with proper planning, something I am trying to be less horrible at for the next 6 months. Pulling together a plan that allows you to get all of your posting, social media, marketing, and other blog duties done in a timely manner frees up hours that can be spent on the things you love. For me, that means more time reading, hanging with my dog, binge watching documentaries on Netflix, writing non-blog content, and just existing. Without that essential me time, it is physically impossible to be a consistent creator of quality. As my uncle Karl says:
Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice yourself too much there is nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.
How do you create time and space to keep blogger burnout at bay, because clearly I could use your help?
Update: This post was chosen for IFB’s Links à la Mode. Check out some of the other bloggers chosen below. xo A
Links à la Mode, August 6
- A Handful of Stories: 7 Problems of a Teenage Goth
- A Vogueaholic: For Your Eyes Only | Summer 2015 Eyewear Trends
- Baybonnet: Reformation Caters to Boobs!
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: August Crush List!
- Drew & Alice: Tuck and Roll
- Dresscode | HighFashion: Fashion Blogger Cafe Shoedition @ GDS Shoefair
- Fear in Wonderland: Why are Pockets so Absent from Women’s Clothing?
- Greige Market: On Blogger Burnout
- In The Grey: How to Get a Job After Graduation
- La Vintage Vida: South Street Seaport
- Life in the Fash Lane: Wishlist | Tassel Accessories
- Ms. Fabulous: Eco Fashion in the Park
- Rain of Peonies: The Perfect Liaison
- Sassy Shif Says: DiamondTree Tassels Takeover India International Jewelry Week
- Savoir Style: 5 Ways to Pull Off the Sheer Trend
- Tales of Two: One Day in Madrid
- The Wanderbliss: The Shoe Land | Alberto Torresi
- This Season’s Gold: Cut Short | Recovering in Ruffles and Denim Shorts
- We Are Ready Made: The Coolest Kids of L.A.
- Wish and Wear: Buying Pre-Loved Mulberry on Facebook